Monday, June 1, 2009

Self Introduction

My experiences with technology are fairly varied. I have taken a few computer classes over the years and have grown up using a computer. In high school I spent a year in a web-publishing course and in college, to meet my Computer Competency, I took a general Microsoft office course. The course covered Word, Power Point, Access, and Excel. I've also tried blogging myself once before and still follow a few different blogs out there.

While my technology experiences are varied, my teaching experience is limited. I have been a student for my entire life, it seems, but any actual teaching experience never seemed to happen. My sole experience that I would compare to teaching would be coaching a youth hockey team. As far as the teaching credential program goes, I plan to apply next year for Fall 2010 in the single subject English program.

I hope to learn some computer skills that I have not been introduced to before. I hope to also gain a greater appreciation for Macs. I haven’t used a Mac since the mid 90s so my familiarity with them is very limited. I’ve heard good things about the OS but I have also heard many negatives. I hope that after this class I will have a fair knowledge base about Macs to make an informed decision as to which I prefer.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lukas. It cracks me up that you say you haven't used a mac since the mid 90s because those green screen macs you used back in the day are SO different than these macs, its pretty crazy! Oh and by the way, you are going to have to show me how to take a picture from the computer. I've done it at the apple stores, and I love taking them! It's crazy the different things you can do with the picture taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lukas,
    It seems like you already have a head start on this technology thing. I was so impressed when I saw that you were able to take a picture while we were working in class. I too have little experience with macs, but so far so good. Good luck with the rest of the class and getting into the program in fall 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You surely know about office applications. Hope that Web2.0 applications are new experience to you and that you find them helpful.

    Rong-Ji

    ReplyDelete

Hey Look its me Posting this self intro

Hey Look its me Posting this self intro